Open Ended

Published March 26, 2012 by coachkatriel

The 2012 CrossFit Open ended yesterday, and with the close of the Open came the close of my chance of qualifying for regionals.

If I’m being honest with myself, my chance wasn’t all that big in the first place. I was not prepared as I should have been this year. Workout wise, I know I wasn’t pushing myself as much as I should have been. I was called out by one of my members for not being as “Bad-Ass” as I once was. He said “I don’t know what’s going on in your life right now, but you’re significantly less Bad-Ass than you used to be.” Since hearing that, I tried to rededicate myself to intensity in my workouts, but a big road block I’ve come to with my progression in my strength is being afraid of weights. For example, in Open WOD 12.2, the first time I did it, I put 100 pounds over my head 4  or 6 times, with numerous failed attempts and panicking the whole time. When I tried it again a couple days later, after I managed to let myself believe that I really could do it, I got it over my head 11 times with relative ease. I have the strength in my muscles, it’s the strength in my mind that’s lacking.
Another roadblock in my exercise is often by the time I get to the gym, I’m too tired or too queasy to feel motivated to push myself during my workouts. A big part of this is nutrition-not eating enough or not eating the right things during the day. Honestly, I eat really well about 65% of the time. The other 35% of the time, I’m taking “cheat meals” or blatantly eating things I shouldn’t be eating just out of spite.

I did some number analyzing of the ladies who qualified for regionals who are about my same size. I’ve got a long way to go to be able to keep up with them next year. And then when I realize that these ladies are also going to be working as hard as they can to improve for the next year, I can just see myself falling far behind them if I don’t stay committed this year to intensity in my workouts and quality nutrition.

I am fully aware that even if I give it 100% this year, it might still not be enough to qualify for regionals. However, side effects of intense workouts and quality nutrition include a more toned body, more energy, better attitude, and overall feeling and looking better.

I’m hoping to get some people that I can be accountable to, people that are as committed to improving their health as I am, so we can band together in this journey towards fitness.

 

Who’s with me?

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: