It’s been exactly 1 year since I signed up at Put It Up CrossFit. It’s up there in the top 10 best decisions I’ve made in my whole life.
Since signing up at Put It Up Crossfit, I have:
- significantly improved my body composition. While my weight has stayed within 10-15 pounds of my starting weight, I’ve dropped fat and put on muscle.
- become much stronger. When I worked out with a trainer at Gold’s gym, I struggled with light weights. I now can deadlift 275 pounds, back squat 215, bench press 135, hangclean 140, and my numbers are consistently improving.
- become much faster. At Put It Up CrossFit, we do brand new workouts everyday. However, we have a couple benchmarks that we hit up every couple months. My scores on these workouts have improved exponentially.
- done pull-ups. Not just one, not just two. I’ve done multiple pull-ups in multiple styles. This was something I always wanted to be able to do but just couldn’t.
- met many wonderful people that I would have never known otherwise. These people push me to work my hardest during workouts and give me a reason to show up at the gym. Before Put It Up CrossFit, I could skip working out several days in a row and get away with it. Now, I know there are people counting on me showing up; people that notice and care when I’m not there; people who pay attention to how well I’m doing and expect me to be doing my best.
- learned more about nutrition than I ever did in nutrition classes.
- learned about different training techniques.
- become CrossFit L-1 Certified, kicking off my career as a trainer and coach of health and fitness.
- started dating the man of my dreams-a fellow CrossFit coach and a brilliant trainer and a masterful programmer who inspires me every day to be the best athlete, trainer, and person I can be.
I had no idea when I walked through those doors for the first time how it would impact my life long term. I thought then that it would just be a fun new way of working out, but it has motivated me in countless ways, inside and outside of the gym. I’m so profoundly grateful for the way my life has benefited because of the choice I made to sign up at Put It Up CrossFit and train there consistently.
I can’t wait for year two.
For more information about Put It Up CrossFit, check out the home page at www.putitupcrossfit.com